There are a few Hynautic models still being manufactured. If you have a Hynautic steering system on your vessel that is not functioning properly, we can probably service and reseal it for you.( We do service and rebuild all brands of hydraulic steering units and we recommend that if you currently have a unit that you rebuild, rather than purchase new to save a considerable amount of money.)
H-20 series helm apart on workbench
We do not recommend that you try to replace the seals yourself. It IS NOT a do-it-yourself job.
Now that you have it apart, what do you do….even if you get it back together, how do you know you didn’t lose any parts, how do you set the timing?
There are no manuals or instructions available.
We rebuild all hydraulic steering units, usually within a week turn-around.
If you need to know the model of your steering helm, on many brands it is stamped on the back of the unit near where the hoses connect. There are many manufacturers of hydraulic steering and we service them all; Hynautic, Teleflex, SeaStar, Morse, Char-Lynn, and others.
Servicing hydraulic steering units is NOT a do-it-yourself project.
We will gladly look at your unit and give you a price quote. There is a $35.00 minimum tear-down and inspection fee for this service. This will be credited to your repair charges if we rebuild/reseal your unit. (If you send us a box of loose parts because you already took it apart, there will be a surcharge to rebuild the unit before we can determine the rebuild cost. That surcharge will be credited to the cost of the rebuild if you decide to have us do it.)
To Send us your unit for repairs, fill in the text box above with the following information: LET US KNOW WHY YOU ARE SENDING US YOUR UNIT. (EX. leaking from the shaft OR will only turn one way) ALSO, LET US KNOW IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS WORKED ON IT RECENTLY. PLEASE GIVE US AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN.
Then continue as if you are placing an order by clicking ‘Add to Cart’. There will be no charge at this time and we will not ask for your credit card until we have completed your repair service.
Our shipping address is:
6240 105th Terrace
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
- Made of marine grade 316 stainless steel.
- Saves Room on the gunnel. Eliminates the need for two separate installations.
- 30-degree angle
- 7.57" long, 3.74" wide, 8.38" deep
- Fasten with four 1/4" diameter screws (not included).
Electric Hydraulic Tilt & TrimYou Get Power Tilt & Trim, Better Boat Handling, More Speed, Lower Fuel Consumption and No More Back Strain! The PT-130 allows you to tuck your motor in to get your boat on plane smoother and faster. When you’re underway, you can change the angle of your motor to obtain the best performance for your load and water conditions. It gives you a more stable ride, increases top end speed, allows more prop clearance, and better fuel economy.
- May be used anywhere equipment must be secured to the deck-e.g. poling platform, scuba gear, fenders, etc.
- Large size (#195) is also ideal for docks; small size (#196) is ideal for personal watercraft.
- Made of cast stainless steel.
- Assembly consists of main body and sealing cup.
- Keeps the transform clear of protruding ski tows.
- Four piece patented assembly consists of main body, sealing cup, backing plate and gasket.
- Proven performance and reliability for over 30 years
- Dependable control for luxury cruisers, workboats and commercial fishing boats
- Nothing moves boats better a hydraulic control is a liquid link between a sender and an actuator
- Provides pure energy in motion without friction, without backlash, no lost motion up to four stations is possible depending on length of tubing run
- Unique and highly accepted feel
- Simple installation
- 2-1/2" loop is easy to grasp, even while wearing gloves.
- Mounts flush with the boat deck.
- Shuttered key hole.
- Made of UV-resistant plastic.
- Cam may be moved in the unlocked position without a key.
- Specify straight or 5/8" offset cam.
- Straight cam adjustment 1 3/8" minimum - 2" maximum.
- 5/8" offset cam adjustment 5/8" minimum - 2 3/4" maximum.